Desiree Rodriguez

Writer. Designer. Dreamer.
Follow Me

Two New Book Covers!



By  Unknown     10:02 AM    Labels:,, 


The look I was going for for these was something a little more horror while retaining a fantasy element. I like the combination of those two genres a lot, but I feel my intent came out more in the second cover. I went with lots of cloudy textures and white to beige coloring to enhance that fantastical tone, and of course the apple. I was originally going to make the apple gold as a callback to the story of Paris and the Greek goddess of Chaos Eris. I still might in another cover because I adore Greek myths so much.
As for the first cover, oh boy did I struggle with this one. I knew what I wanted in my mind but creating the right balance of glass breakage and coloring was difficult to fit my intended image. Originally I wanted to have more glass break around her mouth revealing a blackened razor shape smile but it didn’t work out and I had to scrape the idea. But at least in the end I was able to get that striking eye effect that I wanted.
Fonts are still the bane of my existence.
For more designs by me check out my design page!

About Unknown

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas euismod diam at commodo sagittis. Nam id molestie velit. Nunc id nisl tristique, dapibus tellus quis, dictum metus. Pellentesque id imperdiet est.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Instagram